We are delighted to be working with a global player in the International Commercial and Investment bank space. At around 100 employee’s in Ireland, they are now looking to add a skilled Senior Audit Manager to the team.
This person will be highly proficient at applying risk-based audit standards, practices and techniques to the performance and review of audits.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Act primarily as Officer in Charge (OIC) for assigned projects, processes and units. May act as Audit Principal in some low to medium complexity assignments.
- Ensure Scotiabank standards and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Code of Ethics are maintained in completion of all assignments
- Be the Europe Compliance Risk champion contributing towards Europe’s audit coverage of Compliance and Conduct risk.
- Lead the execution, planning, and reporting on the assigned audit projects. Obtains a thorough understanding of the business/unit/process and associated risks, develops a risk-based audit plan/procedures, and schedules timing and resources.
- Manages and supervises end- to- end process of the execution of the audit and ensures nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the objective, scope and overall opinion. Completes timely review of workpapers, ensures internal control weaknesses are clearlydocumented with recommendations addressing the root cause and are communicated timely to management.
Qualfications & Experience
- Highly proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies to performance and review of audits.Working knowledge of the operations and regulatory environments of each of the audit units globally, as required for specific areas of assigned responsibility.
- Ability to supervise multiple projects at any given time.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to work with staff and management at various levels.
- Strong people management and coaching/development skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in the use of data analytic or visualization tools.
- Requires an undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent at a minimum.
- Extensive financial institutions internal audit experience, focused on capital markets activities.
- Knowledge of Irish and EU regulatory environment.