Food Safety & Quality Manager
A leading family run business are seeking to add a Quality professional to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. The candidate will work alongside an existing team to ensure that both product and process meet specification, statutory obligations and customer requirements.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and certifications.
- Maintain and update quality documentation, including quality manuals, policies, and procedures.
- Provide technical support to the Production Team to ensure current product quality & safety standards are maintained and enhanced where appropriate.
- Work with the Management team to build relationships, develop trust and promote a quality first culture.
- Liaise with cross functional departments and implement new procedures, improve standards/efficiencies.
- Delivery of agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- Review micro and chemical results internally, and take appropriate action for any OOS results
- Monitoring of the production process and cleaningin line with factory HACCP.
- Ensure Traceability is maintained at all times.
- Management of the internal auditing programme, taking appropriate action when issues are identified.
- Investigate and analyse customer complaints, implementing corrective and preventative actions as needed.
- Support and participate in customer audits
- Train and mentor team members on quality control processes.
- Working on Customer & Continuous Improvement Projects that may arise.
- Glass audits, Hygiene checks and monthly hygiene and GMP audits and take appropriate action when issues are identified
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure the quality of materials and components used in our products.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma / Degree in Food Science / Technology
- Previous experience in a similar role beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of quality management systems and methodologies
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills e.g. MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook, etc
- Strong, assertive and focused in meeting standards at all times
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.