We are delighted to beworking with a leading Law firm to find their next Financial Accountant to join the team.
You will be part of a firm and a function that values continuous development and growth, with a highly competitive package including salary, bonus, pension, healthcare, and other benefits (hybrid working, fully equipped gym, barista bar, restaurant, social clubs, etc.).
As a Financial Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and posting of month end journals, including accruals and prepayments.
- Working as part of a team to produce accurate and timely (WD5) monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of month end and quarter end P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations, including the resolution of any queries or issues arising (at both a reconciliation and root-cause level).
- Working with budget holders to produce budgets, forecasts, capex plans and conducting variance analysis, acting as a business partner to our cost centre budget holders.
- Reviewing outputs from the Accounts Payable, Banking and Accounts Receivable teams and authorising payments.
- Preparation of the annual and quarterly accounts required under the Solicitors’ Regulations, including resolution of any queries or issues.
- Working with our tax function to prepare tax filings (e.g., VAT, Corporation Tax and Partnership Form 1) by providing financial data and analysis to support tax addback and other relevant workings required for complete and accurate tax filing information.
- Motivated Chartered (ACA) or Certified (ACCA) Accountant.
- Diligent, with a passion for process simplification and improvement.
- Curious, with track record of exploiting system functionality for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
We reward, encourage and support our talented people to reach their full potential offering excellent progression opportunities along with a market leading remuneration package and benefits including:
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Leading hybrid working policy
- Pension scheme
- Professional membership fees
- Full gym and wellness programme