Compliance Assistant – Insurance.
If you are an Insurance professional – you may have the APA and/or CIP qualification, and you’re potentially looking to maybe pivot your career into the realms of Compliance, this is the role for you. Alternatively, if you have started in your Compliance career already, perhaps with the LCI designation, and you are looking to join a household name within insurance, this could also be the role for you.
Experience in Insurance or some compliance experience within financial services is required. You very well may have elements of compliance in your day to day role at present – quality monitoring, auditing etc. This role will allow you to utilise the skills, experience and knowledge you already have, but also build on that, working closely with the Compliance Manager and broader team.
You can expect to be involved in the following on a day to day basis :
- Quality Monitoring Procedures – Ensuring reporting, feedback and coaching to develop, maintain and improve call quality
- Record and report on each agent’s quality and efficiency in accordance with procedures and report on trends/calibration of findings
- Complete insurer audits, assurance testing and internal monitoring programme including file reviews, logging and reporting issues identified.
- Follow up with Managers/Team Leads on rectification of issues identified in audits, monitoring, call retrievals, complaints
- Investigate complaints and identify corrective measures ensuring complaints are responded to with the required timelines – terms of business, CPC, FSPO.
- Analyse complaint trends and recommend corrective actions; monitor and test their implementation.
- Deal with GDPR and Data Protection related issues regarding processing Rights Requests, investigating and reporting breaches, updating and issuing revised procedures and policies as required.
- Use exception reporting to identify potential issues and report to managers for rectification; report volumes and issues reported/fixed weekly/monthly. As required process changes and fixes.
- Implement and maintain a robust compliance monitoring plan
- Ensure regulatory issues (breaches or otherwise) are logged, dealt with, escalated and reported to Managers/Directors of the relevant business areas.
It very well may be a case that you don’t have practical experience to all of the above just yet, hence the importance of reiterating that this role is open to a variety of different candidate profiles, coming from Insurance. It is a permanent role, the team are in the office once a week (Dublin South) and the salary is €36 – €42k depending on experience, plus 10% bonus and other benefits. This isn’t an entry level role, but you will benefit from the exposure of working closely with the Compliance Manager and broader team, and join a dynamic organisation, well known and reputed, with a decent social scene too! Professional development will also be encouraged.
Happy to discuss in more detail with interested candidates, maybe you would like a larger company, maybe you are capped in the role you are presently in, maybe you are looking to completely pivot your insurance career to date but you have had some exposure to the above. Please apply via the link or happy to discuss further with interested candidates. Reach out to Louise M in Lincoln Recruitment.