Our client is a privately owned group comprising several service areas, that has witnessed remarkable growth, with projected 2023 turnover exceeding €40 million. Recent expansions into complimentary divisions and strategic acquisitions point to an exciting future, with potential growth and expansion across various sectors and holdings.
They need require seeking an ambitious, and commercially minded accountant to join the finance team and support this further growth.
This role encompasses day-to-day financial accounting functions, business partnering, and significant involvement in system enhancements. Reporting to the Financial Controller and closely collaborating with the CFO, shareholders, operations, and sales and marketing managers, this position offers invaluable experience for those aspiring to senior finance leadership roles.
- Prepare Month End Accounts for a group subsidiary (approx. €30 million annual revenue) for review with the Financial Controller.
- Assist with monthly financial accounting, including Balance Sheet reconciliations, VAT returns, Stock reconciliations, and more.
- Contribute to monthly financial analysis and KPI reporting.
- Collaborate on process improvement initiatives across all finance functions, with a focus on sales invoicing processes and systems integration.
- Develop a deep understanding of the operations/billing system and its interaction with the finance system.
- Assist with year-end audits for the Group and liaise with external auditors for Holdings Companies, Property Holdings Companies, and Hotel Group companies.
- Support the Financial Controller in financial reporting for ‘Shareholder Holding Companies,’ ‘Property Holding Companies,’ ‘Hotel Group Companies,’ and potential future entities.
- Play a crucial role in the implementation of a new finance system (project slated for completion by late 2023/early 2024).
- Collaborate with managers to evaluate customer profitability
- Analyze and take ownership of ongoing/periodical profitability analysis for ‘fixed price customers.’
- Develop templates for customer profitability reporting.
- Identify and propose operational and financial solutions for loss-making or less profitable customers/sectors in coordination with management.
- Partner with the marketing team to analyze marketing campaigns’ impact on revenue, campaign cost quantification, and ongoing effects.
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager on corporate tenders, ensuring proposed pricing will lead to profitable new customers if successful.
- Prepare sales commission reports and liaise with all parties involved.
- Take the lead on the budgeting process, particularly focusing on gross margin analysis and operational payroll analysis, building upon a high-level new budget process.
Our ideal candidate will be qualified and have good experience of working in industry and be commercially minded with a strong business acumen. You will need to be highly organised with the ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously, handling time, emails, and deadlines effectively.
This role is 100% office-based, located close to Tallaght