About this job
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is driven, has meticulous attention to detail, great communication and wants to join a growing company. There is a defined and exciting career development plan for the successful candidate.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the accounts team comprising of three persons. This role will give you access to key leaders in the business and responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of and assistance to the team in performing weekly, monthly accounting processes to properly record, classify, and control financial transactions.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of required reconciliations and controls in support of financial statements.
- Plan, manage and coordinate the financial accounting functions.
- Preparation of timely monthly financial statements for review with the finance director.
- Perform analytic reviews of the monthly operating results to ensure the accuracy of results.
- Ensure internal control procedures are maintained and necessary policies and procedures are put in place and updated.
- In conjunction with the financial director and the IT manager work to develop and create “best in class use of the IT system” in relation to the automation of relevant financial and business analysis reports.
- Communicate business issues and solutions to the FD.
- In conjunction with the FD prepare and maintain cash flow projections and assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
Key skills/ requirements;
- Fully qualified accountant with 2-4 years post qualification experience in the preparation of financial statements.
- A person with a strong work ethic, an ability to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- An ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in a clear and precise manner.
- A self -starter with an ability to identify issues and resolve problems.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A solid understanding of budgets and forecasting.
- Strong business partnering experience; you will be need to partner with department heads etc
- Staff supervisory experience
- Commercial acumen, good judgement, good team player and highly organised
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience in retail / fmcg business would be an advantage
This role comes with a competitive salary and benefits package.