Ireland’s unemployment rate stood at 4.8 percent in February 2020, compared with 5.0 percent in the corresponding month of 2019 (source). Now, over four months on, it’s difficult to quantify how many people face unemployment. So, if you are now job hunting amid Covid-19 here are a number of tips and actions to keep in … Continued
Curriculum Vitae Preparation
You will receive a better response to your CV if it is well written, organised, and relevant. This can be challenging because you ideally need to limit the length to 3 pages and in addition you need to ensure that it is relevant and not laborious to the reader. Very often it is your first representation to a potential employer and it should in effect be marketing you and your skills. Just remember that both form and substance are important. We have listed a Sample CV Template Senior Accountant in word format for your assistance and in addition have detailed some comments from our own extensive experience that may be helpful for your curriculum vitae preparation.
- A CV should focus on factual information such as your personal details, your academic and professional qualifications, your career history and your key attributes.
- if you are replying to a particular role, you should adapt your CV to highlight the skills that make you suitable for this role.
- More attention should be given to your most recent positions and your professional history should be presented in chronological order. You can give a summary or abridged version of older roles.
- Likewise, your academic qualifications should be listed in chronological order.
- It is useful, especially if you have several years experience, to write a profile on the first page of the CV, summarising your academic and professional achievements and also your future career objectives. This profiles you succinctly and professionally and quickly gives the reader a positive overall impression and direction.
- Pay attention to the content of your professional experience, and ensure you detail all relevant and pertinent points without being too long-winded. Focus on the quality of your experience rather than the quantity.
- Review your job titles and ensure that they correctly reflect your role and if not you may consider changing them to general skill headings.
- Ensure that you correctly date all of your professional experience and achievements to date.
If you would like more information like this or career advice please contact us 01 6610 444
The Covid-19 crisis has already left its mark on just about every industry – though Insurance is one that hasn’t prompted quite as much concern. “Everybody needs insurance” is a phrase that rings true in relation to the jobs market for Insurance. While this attitude is not incorrect, like other any financial services entity, there are … Continued
Project & Change Recruitment Market Update – April 2020 The PMO (employment related to Change and Transformation projects) market would appear to have come to a halt for the most part currently. However, some sectors will remain afloat, such as Healthcare and Regulatory projects within Financial services, whereby certain regulations must be in place by … Continued