Underwriting Assistant – FTC Mat Cover
About this job
My client is an international insurance company with an Irish base in Dublin City Centre. I am now looking to speak with early-career Underwriting professionals (1-2 years in any line of business) for this opportunity, a developmental role supporting a team of property, casualty and specialty underwriters.
The role of the Underwriting Assistant will be to assist in the management and further development of the Company’s business. This is a fixed-term contract of variable length (c. 9 months) to cover maternity leave.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist in the management of new and renewal business written, working towards the achievement of relevant financial targets
- Working with and reviewing third party administrators (intermediaries, claims administrators, cover holders) to ensure due diligence is up to date and accurate.
- Carrying out AML and Terrorist Financing provisions; Companies Registration Authorisations; and ad-hoc checks including investigating creditworthiness and governance
- Assist in the SOX and Internal Audit processes
- Assist in the department Audit Plan, including scheduling of peer reviews, liaison with underwriters, monitoring and recording the process
- Assist in the preparation of individual account analysis, including claims data
The ideal candidate will bring to the role the following experience and skillset:
- CIP designation or progress towards
- Previous experience in the Irish insurance market (1-2 years), ideally with an understanding of or direct experience within an Underwriting role
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the Irish and European insurance industry
- Excellent Microsoft Office package skills, proficient in using Pivot tables
- Analytical and decisive with excellent organisational and time management skills including the ability to prioritise appropriately and meet deadlines
To register interest, please apply directly to this advertisement with an up-to-date CV. All applications will be handled in strictest confidence. For a further conversation around recruitment in Insurance, please contact Katie in Lincoln Recruitment via email or LinkedIn.