Trustee Manager VP level
About this job
Vice President – Trustee
- The principal responsibility is for ensuring that the fund reviews are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with the department’s internal procedures and policies.
- The proper processing of subscriptions and redemptions to and from the fund.
- The proper calculation of the value of the shares/units.
- Reporting to management as to whether the fund has been managed in accordance with its investment restrictions and borrowing powers.
- Interact with fund boards as required and attend client presentations.
- Approval of disbursements from the fund where applicable.
- Identification and control of operational risks relating to their area.
- Due diligence reviews of the administrator’s.
- Due diligence reviews of Alternative Investment Fund Managers and investment managers.
- Implement procedures and work programmes to monitor fund compliance with the constitutional documents of each fund and the applicable regulations.
- Perform a controlled function role or a pre-approved controlled function role as required in compliance with the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and probity Standards.
- The continued review of department procedures and tasks with a view to identifying and implementing areas of improvement, and with a view to ensuring that the department maintains the procedures and structures necessary to service its business effectively and that the department responsibilities are met in the most cost-effective and time-efficient manner.
- Transitioning of new funds into the department including the review of fund offering documentation to assess the impact of investment restrictions and other responsibilities within the documents on the resources within the department.
- Liaison with clients & funds auditors.
- Regulatory reporting
- Review, track and monitor SLA’s / KPI’s where applicable.
- Liaison with external fund board directors and attendance at board meetings as required
- Liaison with the legal department with regard to new documentation and changes to existing documents.
- Complete, when required, the relevant tax documentation for funds and liaise with the appropriate tax authority in this regard.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting requirements of the Central Bank of Ireland, the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and group.
- Keep up to date with Regulatory knowledge in each jurisdiction to ensure where necessary, relevant structures and procedures are developed to enable the department to meet its obligations and responsibilities.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate financial reporting where required is conducted on a timely basis. Also, to ensure that all staff reporting to them also adhere to all policies and procedures relating to financial reporting.
- Provide guidance and solutions with regard to problem-solving to department staff.
- To effectively communicate knowledge and experience to the team, and to manage the training and development needs of staff. This also includes hosting internal department learning workshops.
- Management of the department staff and ensuring that all staff carry out their prescribed duties.
- Assist in the compilation of internal audit and compliance department requests.
- Work with the IT Project Department with the objective of replacing manual processes with automated processes to reduce risk and improve efficiency within the department.
- Perform staff appraisals, manage staff absence and perform return to work interviews.
- Motivate team members and provide direction to ensure the department achieves its goals and objectives.
- Responsibility for the improvement in design and implementation of the department business continuity plan.
Essential Key Requirements
- Specific appropriate experience and knowledge of the Depositary /Trustee / & Custodian role and related regulations
- Appropriate number of years’ experience in the fund’s industry circa 8+ years having achieved a position in management of the depositary/trustee/custodian area
- Proven supervisory skills &abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with management of other departments and present to client boards and internal boards, committees, etc.
- A desire to review and streamline processes
- Be self-motivated with a structured and determined approach to work, and show a willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate with clients and colleagues at all levels
- A high degree of communications skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts, including customers and internal staff at all levels.
- Highly motivated and have the ability to motivate the team
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and professionalism in this key product area
- Ongoing contribution to its continued development
- An ability to identify beneficial changes in procedures and technologies
- Awareness of the risk/rewards of business analysis
Desirable Key Requirements
- A 3rd level business / Finance related qualification is preferred
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen
- Time management
- Market/ industry knowledge
- People management
How to Apply:
For further information on this fantastic permanent job opportunity please apply with a copy of your up to date CV to Tom Guilfoyle of Lincoln Recruitment Specialists at or by calling (01) 661 0444.