About this job
A leading organisation within the fmcg sector are looking to recruit a Transport Planner. This is a permanent opportunity based in Dublin.
- Manage order fulfillment requirements with a route scheduling system and backhaul to create the most efficient daily delivery schedule.
- Maintain and improve standards focusing on the engagement and continuous improvement models.
- Motivate and engage the transport team to deliver a best in class service to our customers.
- Communicate the route scheduling to management.
- Apply manual updates due to daily deviations from the plan.
- Communicate with suppliers and customers on delivery and collection queries.
- Monitor and assess KPI’s and where appropriate implement timely corrective action.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Educational qualification within Supply Chain or Transport preferred
- Experience of managing in a transport department in a high volume/turnover business.
- Good organisational and administration skills with the ability to solve problems in a fast moving environment.
- Thorough knowledge of distribution operations
- Knowledge of Road Transport Legislation.
- Customer focused and driven.
- This is a shift based position so flexibility is required here.