Social Care Worker
About this job
- A HETAC Accredited Diploma/Degree in Applied Social Studies/Social Careor Social Work (Degree) or Relevant Level 5 and above Social Care Qualification.
- At least 1 year of experience
- Experience in managing behavior which challenges
- Experience with adults/children with intellectual disabilities.
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative and supervise service users/staff in a residential setting.
- Excellent confidentiality and communication skills.
- To promote a positive and respectful awareness of learning disability in the community.
- Be familiar with new developments in the field of Intellectual disabilities/HIQA standards and any other relevant guidelines/policies pertaining to the role.
- To act as a Key Worker for service users as required.
- To drive service users to and from school/work and social outings ensuring they arrive on time.
- You will be required to drive Foundations Transport (mini-bus) and instruction for same will be provided. You will be required to have a full clean driving licence and indemnify the Foundation on your motor insurance policy. Evidence of same will have to be produced to the HR Department on a yearly basis.
- To undertake relevant training courses (both in house and external) as may be required to develop the necessary skills to meet service users/organisational needs.
- As the above is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities, this job description will be revised from time to time to take account of any change in requirements of the position or any other duties as may be assigned by the Area Manager and Client Services Manager. Staff will be consulted regarding such changes.
- Salary Negotiable Based on Experience
- Training Provided
- Full-time hours
- Opportunity to gain work experience in a fast-paced environment
- New interesting settings