Social Care Supporter
About this job
- A HETAC Accredited Diploma/Degree in Applied Social Studies/Social Careor Social Work (Degree) or Relevant Level 5 and above Social Care Qualification.
- At least 1 year of experience
- Experience in managing behavior which challenges
- Experience with adults/children with intellectual disabilities.
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative and supervise service users/staff in a residential setting.
- Excellent confidentiality and communication skills.
- Under the direction of the Person in Charge to ensure compliance with their responsibilities under the Health Care Act 2007 (Care and support of residents in designated centers for persons (Children and Adults with disabilities) regulations 2013 and the provision of the Childcare Act 1991 and all relevant regulations and standards that apply to Children in Care.
- Care for the day to day needs of the service users.
- Physical care – helping those that require assistance in such tasks as dressing, washing, etc.
- Teaching daily living & social skills to the service users.
- Assist service users with budgeting, banking and management of their personal finances ensuring individual’s monies are accounted for and recorded as appropriate.
- Facilitating service users to use their leisure time tailored to their needs, with an emphasis on community integration.
- Housekeeping – cooking, shopping, cleaning, looking after each service user’s clothes and effects and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness within the residence. As far as possible the service users will be encouraged to partake in these activities.
- To establish and maintain relationships with the residents which are based on respect and equality and promote their independence.
- To administer and record prescribed medication to service users.
- Foster integration and provide social opportunities for service users within the local community in line with the Foundation’s philosophy.
- Ensure that day/residence areas are kept safe and tidy.
- Under the direction of the Social Care Leader (Person in Charge), the Social Care Worker will be responsible for purchasing and budgeting household monies and making purchases locally where possible.
- To keep records and reports as deemed necessary by the Foundation.
- To foster a spirit of welcome to all who come to visit e.g. parents, families, neighbors and guests.
- To be an active member of the day/residential team and attend meetings/case conferences etc. as required.
- To promote a positive and respectful awareness of learning disability in the community.
- Be familiar with new developments in the field of Intellectual disabilities/HIQA standards and any other relevant guidelines/policies pertaining to the role.
- To act as a Key Worker for service users as required.
- To drive service users to and from school/work and social outings ensuring they arrive on time.
- You will be required to drive Foundations Transport (mini-bus) and instruction for same will be provided. You will be required to have a full clean driving licence and indemnify the Foundation on your motor insurance policy. Evidence of same will have to be produced to the HR Department on a yearly basis.
- To undertake relevant training courses (both in house and external) as may be required to develop the necessary skills to meet service users/organisational needs.
- As the above is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities, this job description will be revised from time to time to take account of any change in requirements of the position or any other duties as may be assigned by the Area Manager and Client Services Manager. Staff will be consulted regarding such changes.
- Salary Negotiable Based on Experience
- Training Provided
- Full-time hours
- Opportunity to gain work experience in a fast-paced environment
- New interesting settings