Senior SOC analyst
About this job
Job Title: Senior SOC Analyst
My client, a leading, technology driven and global financial institution based in Dublin city centre now has an urgent requirement for a Senior SOC Analyst.
The successful candidate will join a team of experienced security analysts using leading edge methods to detect, analyse and mitigate potential risks and intrusions plus any other security incidents.
This SOC is responsible for investigative response of security events including intrusion detection, malware infections, denial of service attacks, privileged account misuse and network breaches.
This role comes with shift hours (and some flexibility) – 3:00PM-11:00PM, Tuesday-Saturday
- 1st level response for security events (intrusion detection, malware, denial of service attacks, network breaches).
- Event management – triage, correlation, enrichment of individual events (false positive or a security incident).
- Improving service level for security ops and monitoring.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation for security events
- Build out usage of security monitoring tools to improve the security of the environment based on business use cases or changes in threat landscape
- Config and monitor SIEM platform for security alerts.
- Providing reporting and metrics around security monitoring by designing dashboards for asset owners and management consumption.
- 4+ years’ experience in information security
- Minimum 3 years of security monitoring / incident response activities
- Experienced with SIEM technologies, log management tools, security analytics platforms, forensic offerings
- Experienced in network, desktop and server technologies to include network intrusion methods, network containment, segregation techniques and IDS / IPS
- Degree in computer science or related discipline
- CISSP or GCIH qualifications a plus.
- Experienced with malware analysis, virus exploitation, mitigation techniques
- Strong knowledge of incident response and crisis management
If you feel this role would be right for you, please apply and we will be in touch. Please note you must have full working rights in Ireland and the EU to be considered for this position.