Senior Pharmacist – North Wicklow
About this job
Senior Pharmacist (18.5 hrs per week – Mon – Friday)
I am currently working with a hospice located in North Wicklow, who have a requirement for a .5 FTE Senior pharmacist.
the Senior pharmacist will work with the Chief Pharmacist in the provision of a pharmacy service to Hospice and to lead areas of service development as required.
Duties Include but not limited too:
- work with the Chief pharmacist to develop and provide that service.
- The supervision, dispensing and supply of medicines and other related items as may be required.
- To provide ongoing review to ensure medicines management practices are in compliance with legal requirements
- The provision and development of ward and clinical pharmacy services in accordance with best practice standards, including prescription and healthcare record review, medicines reconciliation on admission and discharge and the provision of advice to medical and nursing staff and other professional staff to provide the highest quality pharmaceutical care of patients
- The provision of medicines information services and advice services including contributing to the work of the OLH&CS-based national medicines information service for palliative care, Palliative Meds Info.
- Participation in the discharge planning of patients and liaison with community-based health professionals when deemed necessary.
- Participation in on-going provision of safe systems of generic substitution and of contract review with external service providers to pharmacy.
- Supervision and management of any pharmacy staff assigned to the post holder.
- Participation in audit and research as deemed necessary by the Chief Pharmacist.
Salary: €62,720 – €72,590
HOLIDAYS: 29 days per annum pro rated
- Minimum of three years relevant post registration experience as a pharmacist.
- Be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (The Pharmacy Regulator) or be entitled to be so registered.
- Have a full driver’s licence and access to own car.
- A post-graduate qualification in hospital or clinical pharmacy or equivalent is highly desirable
- Experience working in hospital pharmacy practice
- Have an interest in working in palliative care
Should you have the required background and skills required for this role, please contact Brendan Mullins for further information on or call 01 661 0444/