Senior Data Scientist
About this job
Role level 7
You will report to the Head of Data Science/Data Science Management. This role is a Level 7 position on the ACIA Career Framework.
About the Role:
As a Data Scientist in the ACIA, you will be a key member of the Data Science team. In the role you will:
- Work with with local engineering teams to deepen the adoption of cloud native services and bring integration into the client’s core analytics distribution platform.
- Drive the creation of all Machine Learning / AI solutions to industrial standards, ensuring their effective automation and operation.
- Drive education and evangelization of applied data science to users of the business by communicating both vision and use cases for advanced analytics.
- Grow and promote standards for ML-related frameworks and languages.
- Apply your data science/machine learning experience to innovative data driven solutions and technologies, shaping the future of the company
- Familiarity with actuarial methods and insurance analytics is desirable but not essential
- Experienced in customer analytics
- Experience working with engineering teams to construct robust data science pipelines.
- Experience using Python/Scala to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Inquisitive analytical mind-set: must be able to dig into new and challenging datasets, revealing significant and business relevant information
- Communication: communicating the commercial value of data and analytics to senior stakeholders/clients (internal & external) through data visualization and storytelling.
- Solid knowledge of multiple data science practices (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, graph theory etc.) and their real-world applications.
- Delivery: You want to create Actionable insights through production grade delivery of data science models and pipelines
Approach to technology and skill development:
- The client offers an unparalleled cutting-edge technology environment with a massive range of tools and software.
- At the ACIA you will be encouraged to use novel approaches to solve difficult problems, working in a diverse team that supports each other daily
- Colleagues are supported by both in-house and external training sessions
- There are fantastic opportunities to learn and develop a wide range of skills across the data science life cycle assisting you to become a versatile and highly skilled data scientist who can support the company in continuously leading innovation and analytics within the insurance sector
What’s in it for you?
- Remuneration and attractive range of benefits
- Sport and Social club.
- Flexible work hours and hybrid working models
- Excellent career opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- The chance to work with cutting-edge Data and Analytics technologies and techniques
- Newly renovated offices in Dublin city centre