Senior Compliance Specialist – Life Insurance
About this job
My client – An international Life Insurance firm are recruiting for a Senior Compliance Specialist for their Dublin office. Working closely with the Head of Compliance, the Senior Compliance Specialist will enhance and maintain the Compliance risk and oversight program.
- Provide input to and execute the annual compliance plan, as assigned by Head of Compliance.
- Perform regular risk assessments of the Compliance programs and risks in-scope and escalate results to Head of Compliance and the business.
- Ensure documentation of the Integrated Risk and Control System (“IRCS”) is updated and maintained according to the company standard for areas under responsibility.
- Provide risk-based oversight of branches, third-parties, outsourcers and service providers to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, SLAs and company standards.
- Working closely with Head of Compliance and Compliance team colleagues to provide oversight and support to the company branches (FOE) and the freedom of services (FOS) business.
- Support the product development efforts and distributors oversight in line with the Group Sales Compliance framework.
- Maintain the process for regulatory change management and perform analysis to ensure timely assessment and implementation of new requirements.
- Contribute to the identification, development and coordination of the establishment and maintenance of appropriate company policies, procedures and systems required to comply with applicable legislative and regulatory provisions and manage the Company’s support and advice to various business areas within the Company.
- Support the roll out of projects initiated by local business or Group Compliance.
- Support the development and roll out of the compliance training and plan to ensure Company staff has sufficient awareness.
- As directed, represent the Compliance function in key operational committees, special projects and working groups on compliance matters.
- Relevant degree qualification in law, accountancy, business or similar.
- ACOI Compliance qualification preferable.
- 4+ years compliance, audit, risk or similar experience in the financial services sector.
- Comprehensive knowledge of life insurance / unit-linked products and cross-border distribution models.
- Strong Compliance or non-financial risk management background.
- Working knowledge of Data Protection regulation (GDPR and Irish requirements).
- Advanced analytical skills
- Experience with Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) tools advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in preparing Compliance reports to senior management
- Italian, German or French advantage.