Senior Associate – Group Regulatory Reporting
About this job
On behalf of our client in Dublin City Centre, we are recruiting for a Senior Associate – Group Reg Reporting for an initial 6 month fixed term contract
The Senior Associate reports directly to the Group Regulatory Reporting Manager and will play a critical role in the regulatory reporting consolidation process. The production of the regulatory returns will involve liaising with a number of other stakeholder, Finance, Actuarial, Tax, Company Secretarial and Risk Teams across the Group.
- Assist in the production of full year consolidated annual returns
- Review of individual business unit returns and consolidation of individual business unit returns into group return.
- Preparation of statutory and economic returns including supporting notes and disclosures.
- Preparation of consolidated balance sheet by currency.
- Reconciliation of asset look-through and accounts.
- Preparation of consolidated economic balance sheets including preparting of consolidated balance sheets by currency.
- Drafting specific sections of the Financial Control Report
- Working with other Group stakeholders (actuarial, risk, finance, tax, company secretarial) to obtain their inputs into the Financial Control Report. Ensure that the inputs are appropriately supported/documented and filed.
- Tracking of stakeholders inputs into the Financial Control Report against agreed time-lines.
- Review of other stakeholders inputs for reasonableness and actively follow-up with stakeholders for detailed explanations.
- Assist with the editing and cross-referencing of the Financial Control Report to ensure completeness of the document.
- Documenting the Financial Control Report process to develpe the procedure notes.
- Assist in the developing the risk culture and control framework across the Group including identification of risks and controls and remedial actions to address all points..
- Liaising with external auditors in addressing accounting developments and to facilitate the smooth running and close-out of the audit process.
- Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA with a few years post qualification experience.
- Big 4/Top 10 Accounting Practice background with audit experience is preferable.
- Experience in the life assurance industry is crucial and Solvency II/BMA reporting experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent IFRS knowledge is essential.
- Have excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) with a strong appreciation of financial systems (e.g. general ledger). Experience on SAP would be an advantage.
- Highly motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to work under pressure, achieve targets and meet strict deadlines and to develop and manage projects.Have strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Be proactive, have an enthusiastic attitude to work and be committed to continuous process improvement.
- Highly flexible and the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and to manage conflicting interests.