Risk & Compliance Officer
About this job
Job Title: Risk & Compliance Officer
Department: Risk & Compliance
Reporting to: Head of Risk & Compliance
Location: Dublin 24
The Risk and Compliance Officer will be responsible for advising on, monitoring and reporting on compliance and other risks for the business. The successful candidate will preferably already have a good knowledge of the credit servicing industry, but this is not necessary as comprehensive training will be provided. This is a superb opportunity for an individual with Risk and Compliance experience in the financial services industry to work within a team environment in an exciting and evolving business.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Continual review and implementation of the Risk & Compliance Programme and strategy
- Produce reports and MI for review
- Assist in the management of the Risk & Compliance framework including providing support and guidance to the business
- Assisting in the maintenance of a good working relationship with all relevant authorities including the Central Bank of Ireland
- Support the identification and assessment of new and existing regulatory requirements and ensure business awareness of requirements
- Support the maintenance of an Enterprise Risk Management framework
- Investigate and escalate any identified breaches or material Conduct Risk issues
- Regulatory filings with the Central Bank of Ireland and/or other regulators where required
- Assist in delivery of Risk and Compliance training and awareness programme(s)
- Establish, implement and update changes to Risk and Compliance manual and other relevant policies and procedures in light of developments in legislation and regulations
Everyone in the Company is expected to live our ethical values in all that we do, put simply they are our promise to each other and form a critical element of the business’s ongoing success.
ETHICAL underpins our actions and is also used to measure and evaluate individual performance and behaviours:
- ETHICAL – Ensure outcomes are best for our company and customers alike.
- Engagement – Look to play your part and make a difference. Action & delivery orientated.
- Team Spirit – Motivate and encourage others, create strong morale & co-operate as a team player
- Helpful – Have a ‘can do’ attitude, looking to help, willing to put themselves out to help the team.
- Innovative – Identify and implement opportunities for improvement, personally or professionally.
- Customer Focused – Dedicated to meeting the expectation and requirements of the internal & external customer. Acting with customers in mind, responding to needs, establishing and maintaining effective
- Adaptable – Be excited about change and react positively towards it.
- Learn & Develop – Commit to learning and development within the company and as a person.
Compliance & Regulatory Requirements
- All employees are required to adhere to:
- External regulatory & statutory requirements in relation to their role
- Contractual Terms & Conditions of Employment
- Internal non-contractual policies and procedures as set out in the Company’s Employee Handbook and on the Company intranet.
Health & Safety/Risk Management
- All employees are required and expected to comply with the responsibilities identified below:
- To take care of their own health, safety and wellness and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions. This includes all employees and users of the business premises, facilities and services.
- To co-operate with Cabot policies and procedures on health, safety and wellness management.
- To use all plant and equipment according to the instruction and training received and remove from service any defective equipment and report this to their line manager.
- To follow all control measures indicated by the safe systems of work and the risk assessments and bring to the notice of their line manager any concerns.
- To raise concerns about health, safety and wellness with their immediate line manager in the first instance.
- To bring unresolved matters to the attention of their line manager.
- To immediately report all accidents/incidents/near misses that occur.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Good knowledge and experience of applicable regulations/legislation (e.g. CCMA, CPC, SME Code, DPA, AML/CTF)
- Financial services industry experience in Risk & Compliance functions and/or legal
- Qualified in Compliance e.g. LCOI or equivalent or working towards qualification
- Strong experience in managing internal and external relationships, ability to communicate across all key stakeholders, drive and implement change and effectively identify and manage Risk and Compliance issues
- Experience in conducting compliance monitoring reviews
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritise and use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills – excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey messages in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders
- Personal accountability – takes ownership of issues and have a solution driven customer centric attitude
- Demonstrate a strong professional presence, interacting effectively with management teams.
- Good written, numerical and PC skills (MS Office suite; Word, Excel, Outlook)