Risk And Compliance Associate
About this job
The candidate will work closely with the team in Dublin and with colleagues currently in Dublin and Italy to ensure local and group risk and compliance requirements are achieved. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer the Compliance and Risk Associate will work across both the risk and compliance function supporting the Chief Risk Officer in all aspects of the team. The Chief Risk Officer is also responsible for data protection so compliance with GDPR requirements will form a part of the role.
All candidates will possess appropriate technical and regulatory skills to ensure their success in the role. The successful person will also be able to work on their own initiative as well as possessing attention to detail, high personal energy, and drive to succeed as part of an exciting, expanding company. The successful person will also have an ability to contribute to the wider organisation.
- Work closely with the CRO to ensure the Company has the appropriate framework in place to identify, monitor and meet all regulatory requirements and guidelines set down by various regulatory bodies.
- Assist in the production of Risk and Compliance Reports to the Risk Committee and the Board as required.
- Develop risk and compliance management information as required for the CRO.
- Assist in the development and coordination of the establishment and maintenance of appropriate Company policies (including the Group Policies), procedures and systems required to comply with applicable legislative and regulatory provisions and manages corporate risks.
- Assist the CRO in developing a compliance and risk culture in the organisation through the fostering of an internal control framework within the Company and especially with the business units.
- Point of referral for compliance and risk issues raised in the business.
- Ensure the Risk and Compliance function is up to date with all the latest regulatory trends and requirements.
- Development of the internal control environment from the second line of defence through the maintenance of risk registers and working with business units to mitigate risks identified.
- Working on other areas of the business including AML/CTF and GDPR Compliance.
- Work as part of a small value adding team
- Display a positive attitude when dealing with challenging and changing business needs
- Flexible approach, willing to get involved in other areas of the business as directed by management
- Work in accordance with agreed standards and service level agreements
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years compliance and/or risk and regulatory experience required in a reinsurance company (Essential)
- Demonstrate a capability of having knowledge of the key compliance and risk requirements of a reinsurance undertaking (Essential)
- Strong knowledge of Solvency II and other key regulations including GDPR.
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team (Essential)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Essential) and fluency in a second European Language (Desirable)
- ACOI qualified or desire to progress to a compliance or risk qualification and understanding of (re)insurance principles (Desirable)
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Desirable)
- Possess a high level of organisational skills and attention to detail and accuracy (Desirable)