About this job
The group operates at the intersection of technology, software engineering, mathematical modelling, and markets, and is highly interdisciplinary.
As an experienced member of this team, you will have exposure to the full systematic research (not responsible for signal generation) and trading process, and you will have direct responsibility for ensuring systematic alpha models are expertly designed and developed, implemented, optimized and always running live in the markets. This mandate is far-reaching in terms of scope and the successful candidate will have responsibilities outside the scope of a typical Quantitative Developer. This team are responsible for the entire quantitative research framework, designing/developing/implementing and running systematic trading models in live production, identifying and solving trading model issues, position management, adding/reducing capital, model optimisation, developing performance and data tools, working directly with researchers and investment teams to ensure the smooth running of all systematic trading (approx. $15b AuM)
- Experience designing, developing and implementing live systematic alpha trading models
- Experience designing and developing frameworks used by quants for research, backtesting and simulations
- Programming expertise in Matlab, Python and SQL
- Excellent knowledge in Mathematics, Probability and Statistics
- Outstanding analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Superb communication skills with a demonstrated history of working with multi-disciplined teams in a live production environment
- Passion for financial markets and algorithmic trading
- Graduate and ideally a postgraduate degree in a quantitative discipline from a highly regarded institution
Total comp range: £150,000-£200,000
Benefits: Full executive package
Other: 25 days’ vacation, collaborative, dynamic and high-tech culture, free breakfast/lunch/snacks, pension, healthcare, gym etc
Major Global Hedge Fund looking for a senior quantitative analyst developer with an experience of global equities and quantitative trading model design, development, implementation and optimization, in a production trading environment.