Product Development Analyst
About this job
My client is a market-leading provider of niche insurance services both locally and internationally.
Now seeking to hire a Product Development Analyst – a newly-created role due to continued growth and expansion of the business, to assist with the design of new product propositions, as well as ensuring the current suite of products are fit for purpose and attractive to both new and existing customers.
This role is a permanent, full-time position, which will allow the successful candidate to work fully remotely from anywhere in Ireland (or office-based if preferred from either Dublin or Galway). The ideal candidate will join with prior experience in a Product capacity; ideally with additional experience either in legal, compliance, risk or regulatory environments – as this position will entail ensuring the wording of products (insurance policies) are correct and compliant with relevant regulation.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Develop the product portfolio through market research, competitor analysis and evaluating current and potential consumer needs, with adherence to the product governance framework
- Review existing products to ensure they are clearly structured, fit for purpose, meet relevant business and profitability indicators; and identify areas for product enhancements
- Identify requirements for all product changes and ensure effective change management controls from a Risk Management standpoint
- Monitor product performance; identify and understand the drivers of change in performance and propose corrective action. This will include developing and analysing reports, in collaboration with the Business Intelligence team.
- Continually identify, assess and monitor risks and establish technical controls including risk acceptance criteria
- Develop and maintain policy wordings and product documentation
- Manage & coordinate the work of junior members of the Product Development team.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and prior experience:
- Minimum of 1.5 years’ experience working in a Product Development / Product Management type of position
- Additional experience from a legal, compliance, risk or regulatory position in any capacity would be highly desirable
- Experience / understanding of the Insurance industry desirable but not absolutely essential
- Technologically sound – Strong Excel skills, prior experience with MI reporting, and ideally an interest in / some experience with Data Analysis or BI tools.
- An interest in / experience with managing, coaching or mentoring junior staff
- Innovative, proactive and improvement oriented
To register your interest in this position, please apply directly with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Any additional correspondence can be directed to Katie Mitchell at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists via email or LinkedIn. This requirement is live as of January 2022.