Personal Lines Broker – Travel Insurance
About this job
My client are a long-standing Irish-owned boutique insurance broker based in Dublin South. I’m now recruiting for a Personal Lines Broker to join a fast-paced and continuously developing area of the business.
This is an exciting new opportunity to manage a lucrative book of travel insurance business, whilst also taking responsibility for growing and developing the company’s wider Personal Lines area, with the support of management.
This role would suit someone who is energetic, ambitious and driven with product knowledge expertise within Travel Insurance, and additional previous experience in a second area such as small commercial lines (private client / HNW) or personal lines (home or motor). You will have the opportunity to hold complete autonomy over this area of the business with the intention to grow and develop within.
Salary on offer ranges from €30,000 to €40,000 base with a highly competitive benefits package consisting of bonus potential, healthcare, pension, exam support and study leave.
You will be responsible for the following activities;
- Manage an existing book of business in Travel Insurance, handling all day-to-day client and insurer queries, as well as developing new business within travel and wider personal lines
- Underwrite New and Renewal Business, ensuring compliance with Binding Authorities
- Maintain and record transactional activity including production of Policy Documentation, Endorsements, Invoices, Receipts and other correspondence as required.
- Ensure all premiums are collected in a timely manner, complete daily cash books and liaise with Finance Department where required
- Handle day-to-day client and insurer queries.
The successful candidate will bring to the table:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience within an insurance broker, experience in personal lines (preferably with travel insurance) desirable
- APA achieved and working towards CIP
- Ambitious, outgoing and confident –
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and also Compliance & Regulatory provisions
- Knowledge of Open GI is advantageous, but not essential
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please apply directly via this advertisement. For a confidential conversation around this or any other job opportunities within Insurance, please contact Katie Mitchell at kmitchell(at)lincoln.ie.