Part Qualified Accountant / Assistant Accountant
About this job
On behalf of our client in South Dublin, we are recruiting for a Part Qualified Accountant for an initial 12 month contract. This is a great role working in an exciting company going through a real period of growth
- Assist in month end close process, ensuring balance sheet control accounts are performed.
- Preparing and reviewing month end reports for management.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in Tax reporting; VAT, Intra-stat, RCT etc.
- Involvement in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable where necessary.
- Ensure a smooth procurement process for vendors through the issuing of purchase orders, seeking the businesses approval of goods/service, processing of invoices for payment all in a timely manner.
- Liaise with business and third party vendors to ensure the transactional processes are operating effectively and that transactions posted accurately with sufficient back up.
- Liaise with project managers, functional managers and Finance Manager in relation to the timely opening and modification of Purchase Orders.
- Co-ordinate, validate and process payment runs & ensuring payment is made in accordance with vendor contractual arrangements.
- Work with Finance Manager and Finance Team to improve Finance processes and strengthen internal controls.
- Contribute to the finance function, including provide analysis and calculations to help support commercial decisions.
- Work cross functionally to develop new and improve existing processes.
- Look to continuously improve processes you are involved in.
- Identify savings and areas where financial controls can be strengthened.
- Part Qualified Accountant with minimum 2/3 years experience
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail