Mortgage Credit Underwriter (12 Month FTC)
About this job
My client is an Irish-owned financial services group, specialising in residential and commercial lending.
The purpose of the Credit Underwriter is to conduct credit analysis and support underwriting of personal mortgages, ensuring that risk and credit worthiness is assessed in accordance with relevant policies.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Credit Assessment
- Prepare, review and analyse the credit worthiness and risk implication of lending applications
- Complete financial analysis and make informed lending decisions.
- Assess credit reports, proof of income, bank statements, statement of affairs and any other supporting documentation
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure Delegated Credit Authority is exercised
- For applications above the delegated underwriting authority, make recommendations and present to management.
- Proactively monitor credit policy and performance on an ongoing basis
- Customer Service
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders to promote credit policy whilst maximising new opportunities.
- Provision of exemplary levels of service to both internal and external customers
- Degree in Business/Finance
- Desirable QFA but must be an Approved Product Advisor (APA).
- At least one year’s recent Irish credit underwriting experience
- Experience of and ability to work in a fast paced and high energy environment
To apply, please follow the instructions on this advertisement. For a confidential conversation around this or any other position currently live in Banking or Insurance, please feel free to contact Katie Mitchell of Lincoln Recruitment at kmitchell(at)lincoln.ie.