Legal Counsel – Financial Services
About this job
Financial Services Lawyer
Full Time Permanent
City Centre Location
My client an international financial services firm are looking to take on a qualified solicitor to join their expanding team. The firm specialises in asset management, investments and banking and this Legal Counsel position reports into the Head of Legal.
With offices in worldwide locations as well as an international client base, the chosen candidate can expect to work on a range of diverse transactions with an international element to many of them.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes across the financial services area and constructing a plan on how to implement necessary changes across the FS function
- Understanding these changes in depth to ensure excellence is provided to all stakeholders of the business at all times
- Advising clients on these regulatory changes, how they impact their business and the best approach for implementing a strategy around such changes
- Ensuring compliance procedures are in place and up to date for UCITS as well as QIAIFs.
- Document drafting and negotiation as well as preparation of minutes
- Launching fund programs as well as contract negotiation and regulatory submissions.
- Provision of investment solutions to a broad range of clients and managing the lifecycle of various investment portfolios
- Creating and offering legal solutions to situations that may arise in the corporate department
- Qualified solicitor (2+ Years PQE)
- Prior experience working in the area of financial services
- Familiarity with AIFMD and UCITS
- Significant attention to detail as well as problem-solving abilities
- Strong academics in a relevant area i.e. business, banking or law
- Excellent initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Deadline driven personality and problem solving attitude
- Financial support for further education
If you would like to hear more about this role or have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Patricia McCarthy on 01 661 0444 or at