About this job
My client is a global financial services institution who offers corporate banking and securities services in Ireland. The are seeking to appoint a Legal Counsel to join their team. The purpose of this position is to provide legal and regulatory advice, guidance and support to my client and to ensure that its exposure to legal risk is managed aswell as supporting my client’s corporate banking business including credit & lending, global payments and trade finance. It is ideal for a candidate who is eager to contribute and add substantial value in a dynamic and fast-paced financial services environment.
This is a permanent full-time position based in Dublin.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Providing legal support and counsel on a variety of legal matters including matters that may be complex or have some regulatory impact
- Impart legal knowledge and best practices with Irish and European legal and business colleagues
- To be considered a trusted advisor to the Irish business by ensuring that commercial and practical legal support and advice is provided at pace and in a cost-effective manner
- Being proactive in the provision of legal support and in advising the business promptly of material legal developments and their implications for the business
- Cultivate and collaborate relationships with colleagues relationships with colleagues across jurisdictions and functions to meet Group deliverables
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and prior experience:
- Irish qualified solicitor/barrister with a minimum of 3-5 years PQE acquired in a finance or funds department of a top-tier law firm or an in-house financial services unit
- Experience in negotiating and drafting fund related documentation including service provider agreements for EU investment funds
- Strong knowledge & experience of Irish investment funds with a fundamental understanding of UCITS and AIFMD directives
- Strong understanding of company law, commercial contracts and financial services
- Experience drafting and negotiating credit and lending documentation and wider financial services agreements
- An understanding of outsourcing, privacy, procurement or employment law is desirable
- Ability to provide solution focused advice on a range of legal matters
- Ability to work to tight deadline, prioritise and take ownership of different legal matters
- Able to work well as part of a small team
To register interest in this position, please apply directly via this advertisement with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Any additional correspondence should be directed to Shannon Molloy at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists via email or LinkedIn. This requirement is live as of March 2023.