Legal Assistant – Compliance
About this job
A large Financial Services client of mine are looking to take on a Legal Assistant to join their team in the Dublin Office. This role is open to candidates coming from a Legal, Business or Compliance background and is open to recent graduates although some experience is preferred. Excellent opportunity for the right candidate to grow and develop their experience.
- Work with the Legal Team team to complete the daily workflow.
- For their allocated portfolio of clients, ensuring the accurate preparation and issue of board agendas, board papers and minutes for all board meetings in adherence with client procedures and Company Law and, where appropriate, convening and minuting annual / extraordinary general meetings of shareholders. Follow up on decisions made at board and general meetings in order to provide an update at the next meeting.
- Ensuring the filing of all statutory forms and returns at the Companies Registration Office, as required, in addition to regularly reviewing the information in the statutory books, client files and Blueprint Company Secretarial database to ensure that the information is consistent and up to date.
- Updating of client and department procedures and checklists as and when changes occur.
- Acting as a channel of communication and information for non-executive directors while ensuring that their personal details, biographies are maintained and Directors fees are paid on a timely basis.
- Reviewing developments in Corporate Governance and Company Law in order to advise and assist the directors with regard to their duties and responsibilities and compliance with their personal obligations under Company Law and, where applicable, Stock Exchange requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Department with adhoc queries relating to the entities and as required.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 0-2 years experience in same or related industry
- LLB, BA/BSc and/or studying ICSA qualification required
- Knowledge of financial services sector preferable
- Detail orientated
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills, is a problem solver and enjoys working with people
- A demonstrated attention to detail is also required
Candidate should be:
- Leader / Motivator