About this job
My client is an A-rated international insurance company with an underwriting arm based in Dublin City Centre. I am now looking to speak with early-career insurance professionals (1-2 years in any line of business) for this opportunity, a developmental role supporting a team of property, casualty and specialty underwriters.
The role of the Junior Underwriter will be to assist in the management and further development of the Company’s business.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Researching and reviewing third party administrators (intermediaries, claims administrators, cover holders) to ensure due diligence is up to date and accurate.
- Carrying out Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing provisions; Companies Registration Authorisations; and Company and Directors’ health checks including investigating creditworthiness and governance
- Engage with Underwriters, Business Analysts, Compliance, Operations, Finance and other stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the RAF process.
- Assist in the management of new and renewal business written
- Work towards the achievement of relevant financial targets
- Assist in the SOX and Internal Audit processes
- Assist in the department Audit Plan, including scheduling of peer reviews, liaison with underwriters, monitoring and recording the process
- Assist in the preparation of individual account analysis, including claims data
- Adhere to the laid down underwriting policies and procedures within the Company and Group in accordance with SOX
- Relevant 3rd level qualification as well as CIP designation (or progress towards such)
- Previous experience in the Irish or international insurance market
- Excellent numeracy skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the Irish and European insurance industry
- Excellent Microsoft Office package skills, proficient in using Pivot tables
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Analytical and decisive with excellent organisational and time management skills including the ability to prioritise appropriately and meet deadlines
To register interest, please apply directly to this advertisement with an up-to-date CV/ For a confidential conversation around this or any other positions in the Banking or Insurance markets, please feel free to contact Katie Mitchell of Lincoln Recruitment at kmitchell(at)lincoln.ie.