Junior Underwriter – Personal Lines
About this job
My client is one of the largest domestic insurance brokers. I now require a Junior Underwriter for their Personal Lines division.
This position requires someone with 1-2 years’ relevant experience having worked in the Irish insurance industry. Progress made towards APA or CIP will be highly advantageous. This is an excellent early career opportunity to gain experience in an Underwriting role – candidates need not have prior experience in this area as full training will be provided.
Key responsibilities may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist in managing a panel of existing clients and securing renewals
- Underwriting primarily home and motor insurance policies and providing new business quotations
- To create and maintain positive broker relationships
The ideal candidate will bring the following to the table:
- Minimum of one to two years experience in a General Insurance environment
- APA / CIP or progress towards such
- Ability to work on their own initiative possessing a strong customer care focus.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to make decisions
To be considered for this position, please apply directly to this advertisement with an up-to-date copy of your CV. For a further conversation on this role, or on the wider job market within the Insurance industry, please do not hesitate to contact myself – Katie Mitchell of Lincoln Recruitment Specialists – at kmitchell(at)lincoln.ie or by connecting with me on LinkedIn.