IT Network Infrastructure Architect – Global Brand
About this job
IT Network Infrastructure Architect
We have an exciting opportunity for a strong Infrastructure Architect to join our IT Services division. The IT Services is responsible for the global implementation and delivery of integrated end-to-end IT services, including security, infrastructure and application services.
As an IT Network Infrastructure Architect your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Develop and lead activities in the scope of 2 or more Infrastructure technologies within ITS Architecture
- Maintains knowledge of IT Infrastructure strategy & architecture, standards and practices and consistently applies these standards
- Defines, develops, documents & maintains IT Infrastructure architecture by continually evaluating trends in technology, industry & business needs
- Provides consultation & direction on IT Infrastructure strategy & architecture to various stakeholders including internal & external service providers
- Ensures a close alignment of the ITS architecture and technical assurance function in terms of IT Infrastructure architecture, roadmap, standards, etc.
- Actively communicates and promotes the IT Infrastructure strategy & architecture
- Leads strategic partnerships for technology and enterprise-wide solution adaption
- Provides architectural design approval and ensures that IT Infrastructure architectural standards and practices are followed through project and program involvement
- Provides formal and informal leadership and direction to other architects and ITS personnel, particularly in the areas of specialization.
Your Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s in computer science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience is required.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years on projects of a program, with proven track record of successful delivery
- Line / people management experience is desirable
- Executive stakeholder skills with proven capability of building & managing relationships
- Experience in major information management programs in key business areas for banks, insurance companies and/or investment banks
- Solid experience in working in matrixed environments and diverse global stakeholder networks
- Holistic infrastructure architecture capable of providing an integrated vision of all infrastructure technologies.
- Strong Knowledge of local networks (LAN, VLAN, VDC, Switching, Virtual switching)
- Strong knowledge of wide area networks (WAN, MAN, MPLS, IAN, internet)
- Strong knowledge of voice networks (VoIP, IP Telephony, Video, broadcasting)
- Strong knowledge of dynamic routing (RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, IGRP/EIGRP, SDN)
- Strong knowledge of load balancing
- Knowledge of applications and network convergence (ACI, SDN)
- Knowledge of virtualized compute (x86) & Storage Platforms
- Knowledge of network security
- Capability of sharing and presenting knowledge
- Capability of communication to wide range of stakeholders (from CxO to builders
- Availability for frequent travelling
Please note you must have full working rights in Ireland/ EU to be considered for this position. If you feel this position is right for you, please contact Jonathon Browne for a confidential discussion. 01 661 0444