Insurance Analyst – Claims
About this job
Recruiting now for an Insurance Analyst for a 12 month fixed-term contract. This is a new position, created from the need to facilitate continuous improvement and development of the company’s internal claims handling systems and processes.
Responsible for mapping, development and implementation of claims processes, this role will suit someone with in-depth technical claims experience who has previously worked in a systems, IT or project manager capacity. Candidates will need to have recent and relevant claims handling experience, as well as knowledge of best practice, regulatory and industry trends, to bear in development of claims handling processes.
My client is an well-known Irish insurer based in Dublin City Centre, and this role will sit within their Business Support function. An attractive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering enhancements to the company’s Claims Management System. In doing this, you’ll be responsible for documenting the business requirements and design, overseeing user acceptance testing and implementation planning. This will include:
- Liaising with Claims Management and users to identify system changes and to understand the impact of such changes
- Identify new functionality to improve automation within the system
- Developing project plans in adherance to project timelines
- Designing and coordinating system testing to ensure it is completed on schedule
Further responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring system and processes facilitate data management effectively
- Understanding the data and lead in the design of system additions, field additions, work queues and claims metrics etc – to be used in enhancing quality of reporting tools
- Developing implementation of “To BE” claims processes and workflow solutions – to be used in ensuring reductions in claims inflation, improved MI and improvements in customer experience.
The ideal candidate will bring the following desired skills and experience to this role:
- 3-5 years’ recent, relevant experience within claims handling in Ireland
- Full CIP qualification and CPD hours up to date (related IT or Project Management qualifications will be advantageous)
- Proven track record of participation in complex system, process and other claims projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workloads and operate to critical deadlines. Experienced in all areas of the project life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of claims regulatory environment
- Analytical and decisive, with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Proficient in Word, Excel & Outlook
- Be flexible and responsive to changing priorities and needs
How to Apply
To register your interest in this opportunity, please apply via this advertisement with a copy of your up to date CV. For further information or a confidential conversation around this or the market within Banking & Insurance, please do not hesitate to contact Katie Mitchell of Lincoln Recruitment Specialists by emailing kmitchell(at)lincoln.ie.