In-House NQ Solicitor
About this job
My client, a Global Financial Services firm is looking to add a recently qualified Solicitor to their internal legal team, to report directly to the Head of Legal.
The successful role holder will be responsible for engaging with counterparties and finalising contracts that the business uses, and significant technical competence and practical experience in all aspects of commercial contract negotiation as well as in regulatory analysis.
- Finalise Approved Template Agreements
- Review existing template agreements and improve if necessary.
- Project Management of Review of Legacy Agreements
- To plan and project manage a review of existing contractual relationships as required, within agreed parameters and timelines, with a view to repapering relationships with agreed template.
- Assistance with Contract Negotiation
- Work closely with the business teams across all products issued by the regulated entities services on the drafting and negotiation of agreements with external partners including but not limited to custodians, asset managers and financial intermediaries.
- Work with Internal Stakeholders
- Engage with sales support team, legal and compliance team, risk team and investment control team and senior management as necessary as well as teams in other entities within the Utmost group of companies.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- NQ Solicitor
- Commercial contract experience either in-house with a major corporate or at a renowned law firm. Preference will be given to a candidate who has experience in financial services.
- Critical Competencies
- Strong Attention to Detail;
- Prioritising work load and time management;
- Contract Negotiation Experience;
- Experience of managing projects within the legal function;
- Financial services experience, especially in the asset management and/or insurance area;
- Motivated with the ability to work autonomously;
- Good commercial and business acumen;
- Versatile and confident working within complex, multi-jurisdiction environment;
Should you be interested in this role – please call/mail Patricia McCarthy in strictest confidence on 01-6610444 or at at your earliest convenience.