In-House Legal Banking Lawyer
About this job
Our client, a multinational financial services firm are looking to add to their Legal team in Dublin. The position will involve providing legal support and risk management to the team in Dublin whilst focusing on corporate law and banking regulatory issues.
The role will have regular exposure to external legal counsel, as well as liaising with colleagues in other teams such as compliance and corporate secretariat.
The role will require flexibility in approach and very strong communication skills.
What will you be doing?
- Assist the Head of Legal and the general counsels on all matters of Irish corporate and banking laws and regulations.
- Regulatory initiatives and strategic projects: support regulatory and strategic projects affecting the firm (on regulatory and migration projects).
- Innovation: contribute to devising and implementing enhancements process and solutions to reduce or minimize the legal risk related to Barclays bank Ireland.
- Presentations & Training: deliver training and education to the businesses and Infrastructure teams on topical issues, legal risks and regulatory, as appropriate.
- Governance and Controls: strong understanding of legal risk; identify, analyse and communicate risks, escalating risk and control issues appropriately, assisting in the coordination between clusters and the different legal team involved.
- Risk management: identify and drive risk mitigation, efficiency and cost saving initiatives
- Communication of commercial consequences of legal risk issues to the impacted business areas.
What we’re looking for:
- Qualified lawyer with 4 years + experience with strong experience within banking and financial sector and regulatory matters
- Extensive experience with primary Irish or international law firm or comparable in-house experience