Health Care Assistant
About this job
- Be capable of working on own initiative / under supervision / as well as working effectively as part of a
- Ability to organise own work & ability to relay information
- To have FETAC level 5 Healthcare Support Certificate
- Have good interpersonal skills and show interest in all aspects of patient
MAIN ROLE, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
The Health Care Assistant will be an integral member of the Health Care Assistant & Nurses Aides team. She/He will report to and work under the supervision and direction of the nursing staff in relation to all duties. She/He will undertake the duties outlined in accordance with policies and procedures of the hospital or healthcare setting where they are assigned. The role of the Health Care Assistant is to assist Nursing staff in the delivery of patient care under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager / Registered Nurse / Person in Charge in the hospital or healthcare setting where they are assigned.
The Health Care Assistant is accountable for their actions in the delivery of direct and indirect patient care and must not undertake any duty, which they are not competent to carry out.
Aims and Objectives
- To work as a member of the ward team and to establish and maintain the relationships within the team
- To support qualified staff in the management and execution of clinical practice
- To promote equality of care and non-discriminatory practice, acknowledging a patient’s personal beliefs and identity
- To ensure that clinical information is passed to the appropriate member of the team
Range of Responsibilities / Duties
- Assist with patient hygiene, physical comfort, eating and drinking and mobility whilst observing and reporting specific changes
- Assist patients with their hygiene needs g. bathing, shaving, cleaning of hair, nails, teeth, dressing, undressing etc.
- Assist Nursing staff with the care of incontinent patients and the promotion of continence care
- Take care of patients dentures, glasses, hearing aids and prosthesis
- Supervise patients on commodes, in toilets and bathrooms and assist patients with their hygiene needs
- Assist patients who are confined to bed with their toilet needs
- Assist in toileting of patients including the giving, removing and emptying of bedpans, urinals, commodes in toilets and in
- Assist patients to dress and pack in preparation for discharge
- Assist and support patients during mealtimes and outside of catering
- Assist patients with eating and drinking
- Ensure that individual patients dietary needs are adhered to including special diets and supplementary drinks under the direction of Nursing staff
- Assist with lifting patients using appropriate equipment in accordance with the Hospital Moving & Handling policy
- Assist patients with walking and limb exercises as directed
- Ensure that patients are comfortable in bed or in chair
- Accompany patients to other departments within hospitals and outside as appropriate
- Observe skin condition and report findings to Registered Nurse
- Assist in the caring for people who are Assist with last offices and in the preparation of the deceased for transfer to the mortuary
- Assist in caring for patients that require one to one supervision under the direction of the registered Nurse, ensuring their safety needs are met
- Follow and implement care plans under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Assist in the delivery of a high standard of holistic care to patients, promoting their equality and dignity at all.
- FETAC level 5 or Social Care degree
- 6 months working experience in Nursing home setting .
What we offer you
- Excellent Competitive Salary
- Incentive Packages
- Fully Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
- Exposure to exciting new settings
How to Apply:
For further information on this job opportunity please apply via this link with your updated CV.