Head of Operational Risk
About this job
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Operational Risk:
- Working with the CRO and other relevant stakeholders, to ensure that the operational risk management framework and related policies for the firm are operating effectively and reviewed on an ongoing basis;
- Responsible for the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of operational risks (processes, people risk, cyber security and IT, business continuity, and outsourcing) as it pertains to the firm;
- Further embed the culture and governance pertaining to operational risk within the Company;
- Monitor and oversee delegates and outsourced service providers, including the Investment Manager and Administrator, on an on-going basis, to ensure that delegated or outsourced activities are being carried out properly and that the policies and directions issued by the board of the firm are acted upon;
- Review and update the firms risk register;
- In collaboration with his/her fellow Designated Persons and other relevant stakeholders, monitor the timely reporting and rectification of operational risk breaches, incidents and near-misses and provide effective analysis on key operational risk incidents;
- Conduct Op Risk reviews of key business functions of delegates and outsourced service providers and ensure that a robust operational control framework is in place to appropriately manage operational risks;
- In collaboration with other Designated Persons ensure that the strategies, policies and directions issued by the board of the firm are acted upon and that regulatory obligations are being complied with;
- Provide support to the Company’s ICAAP process as it relates to operational risk.
Key Skills & Experience of the Head of Operational Risk:
- Experience in an asset management or funds environment and with a number of years demonstrable experience interacting and reporting to senior management.
- Experience in the design, drafting, development and maintenance of operational risk management frameworks, policies and procedures in particular as they pertain to key operational risks including: processes, people risk, cyber security and IT, business continuity, data protection, and outsourcing or delegation.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks accordingly.
- Risk related qualifications are desirable.
If you are a Risk Management professional considering a move, please don’t hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Risk & Compliance team recruit for Risk roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; CRO, Head of Risk, Risk Officer, Risk Analyst, Risk Advisor.