Head of Compliance
About this job
The Head of Compliance will ensure that all business carried out by the firm is in accordance with all applicable legislation, regulations and guidelines issued by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Compliance:
- Identify the legal and regulatory requirements application to the Company’s authorisation, liaising with the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) on an ongoing basis
- Keep informed of all new and evolving legislation in Ireland and the jurisdictions in which the firm operates and upcoming regulation changes through but not restricted to, membership of ACOI, Insurance Ireland, various periodicals, regular updates from outsource providers
- Develop and encourage a compliance culture and in conjunction with the senior management team and the Board, ensure that all aspects of the Company’s operations comply with CBI and other regulations
- Provide a quarterly report to the Board on all compliance matters
- Oversee and monitor the Third Party Administrators processes including the due diligence being carried out by internal and external resources, reporting findings to the Board
- Compile and maintain a legislation inventory in connection with our various Freedom of Service and Freedom of Establishment licenses.
- Liaise with Sarbanes Oxley, internal and external audit teams to ensure the audit processes run smoothly and recommendatios are progressed as appropriate
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on the Company’s risk appetite statement
- Assist with and compiling company reports for onward referral to the Board, the Risk & Compliance Committee, the Audit Committee and Group as appropriate
The Head of Compliance will have a proven track record engaging with the regulator with an awareness of upcoming changes in EU and other international regulation.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don’t hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.