Head of Compliance
About this job
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Compliance:
- To facilitate a compliance culture within the Company to help minimize the risk of regulatory failure
- To ensure compliance is embedded in the Company’s policies and procedures
- To support management in the development of an ongoing training process on compliance matters
- To prepare and present to the Board sub-Committees an annual compliance plan which addresses both ongoing compliance risks in the business and new regulatory developments
- To ensure that ongoing monitoring activities are established and performed in line with Company policy and regulatory requirements
- To advise the Board sub-Committees and senior management team on compliance and legal requirements
- To provide compliance support to the management on the strategic projects
- To oversee the update of the Compliance Universe on an ongoing basis
- To keep abreast of regulatory changes so that the Company can take action to comply with new requirements
- To keep the CBI and other regulatory authorities informed of material regulatory issues concerning the Company
- To report to the Board and Management Committees on a quarterly basis outlining compliance activities, risks, recommendations and upstream regulatory changes
The Head of Compliance will have proven compliance experience within a Life Insurance provider and demonstrable experience engaging with senior management and the regulator.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don’t hesitate to contact Donal Whelan. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.