Head of Compliance
About this job
The Head of Compliance will be resposible for leading compliance oversight for the business activities and will define the frameworks in order to achieve compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Compliance:
- Maintain and enhance the compliance framework for the regulated activities undertaken by the firm.
- Assess the Company’s compliance status with all its statutory and regulatory requirements and report the same to the Board and / or relevant sub-committees and management committees.
- Oversee the preparation of an annual compliance plan and monitoring programme, which addresses both ongoing compliance risks in the business and new regulatory developments.
- Oversee the delivery of compliance risk assessments in the specified business areas.
- Provide timely and commercially sound guidance and advice to business functions, on regulatory matters (including potential regulatory developments), recommending changes to processes and procedures that will reduce compliance risk and raise operational standards.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all queries from the Central Bank of Ireland and establish an ongoing strategy to build and maintain a good relationship with the regulator.
- Coordinate the delivery of risk reports to the Risk Committee.
- As the designated PCF role of Head of Compliance with responsibility for AML/CTF – PCF15, develop and implement the Company’s AMLCTF framework in accordance with the Criminal Justice Act 2010 & 2013 and subsequent applicable legislation.
- Adopting the local Data Protection Officer, support senior management and business units in developing and implementing adequate procedures, safeguards and controls to ensure local regulatory and Group Data Privacy requirements are met.
- Support the coordination and discharge of corporate governance activities including preparation of Board and sub-committee packs.
The Head of Compliance will ideally have knowledge of Irish and European consumer credit, consumer protection and data protection legislation and other relevant regulatory requirements pertaining to the Banking sector. A proven track record dealing with the Central Bank and other regulators and authorities is also required.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don’t hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.