Group Financial Accountant
About this job
Job: Group Financial Accountant
Purpose: Responsible for preparation of management accounts for entities within the Group. The position will also involve interaction with Operations providing timely and accurate information on request.
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
Company Scale: Forecast Group turnover in excess of €600m for FY Dec 21
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for certain Group entities.
- Responsible for ensuring reconciled Balance sheets on a monthly basis.
- Assist in monthly/quarterly reporting to Central team.
- Assist in Annual Budget preparation, Business plan and reforecasts.
- Ensure tax compliance across Group entities responsible for with Revenue/HRMC.
- Annual Financial Statements and External Audit – Facilitation of Audits and liaising with external Auditors. Ensure that all financial regulatory matters are fully complied with.
- Liaising with Group commercial functions providing support as required.
- Analysing and investigating variances, summarizing data, information and trends.
- KPI reporting for senior management.
- Financial Systems and Controls – assisting in the continuous review and strengthening of the systems of internal control.
- Liaison with external advisors, taxation authorities and financial institutions as required.
- Preparation and maintenance of key reports within CBC (Microsoft Navision 4PS).
- Ad -hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Develop and maintain an open relationship with Senior Finance Team and Senior Project Managers.
- Develop and maintain open relationships with Directors and other key personnel appropriate for the effective execution of the role.
Essential Skills/Person Specification
- ACA qualified with 3 years PQE.
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT skills including advanced use of
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong numeracy aptitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- A keen interest in the financial system.
- Ability to work multiple assignments with varying deadlines.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision (4PS) would be an advantage.