General Manager – Insurance intermediary
About this job
My client is an established and respected insurance intermediary operating in the UK and Irish markets.
Due to expansion, I am now seeking a General Manager to assume responsibility for the day-to-day running of a busy office in Dublin City Centre, among other managerial duties such as relationship management with key external stakeholders, and developing and implementing a continued strategy for growth.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Leading, motivating and managing the performance of both front-facing functions (sales) as well as back office (finance, administration)
- Continued maintenance of key external stakeholder relationships, as well as development of new relationships
- Delivering sales growth and performance against ambitious growth plans and reporting to the board of directors
- Aligning the organisation structure to the business strategy and ensuring individual responsibilities are clearly documented, understood and that performance is monitored and reported
- Ensuring all business activities are compliant and that the control environment and risk management framework is robust
The successful candidate will bring to the table the following skills and competencies:
- 7-10 years experience working as a people manager within the Insurance industry – experience working with Life Insurance products would be desirable though non-essential
- Full QFA designation
- Experience of overseeing a financial services regulatory and risk control environment
- Energetic leader with proven track record in improving individual KPIs as well as implementing company-wide (or department-wide) strategic plans
- Confident public speaker with an innate ability to build and develop meaningful business relationships
End date for applications will be Friday 21st February. Applicants must have appropriate working rights for this position. This is a PCF position and the successful candidate will need to adhere to Central Bank of Ireland Fitness & Probity guidelines.
To register your interest for this position, please apply directly to this advertisement with an up-to-date copy of your CV. For a further conversation around this, or the wider job market for the Insurance industry, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself – Katie Mitchell of Lincoln Recruitment Specialists – by emailing kmitchell(at)lincoln.ie or by connecting with me on LinkedIn.