About this job
A well-known international law firm is looking to hire an Investment Funds Lawyer to join their highly regarded Funds team.
The funds team boast a domestic as well as international client base who they advise on the establishment of all types of hedge funds. Such hedge funds include property funds, private equity funds and UCITS. They also assist their clients on a variety of asset clauses.
- Representing asset managers in the formation of UCITS and QIAIFs, including drafting the key fund documentation such as prospectuses, supplements, instruments of Incorporation etc.
- Drafting and negotiating material fund contracts such as management agreements, distribution agreements, investment management agreements, administration and depositary agreements.
- Applying to the Central Bank and obtaining authorisation for asset managers to act as discretionary investment managers to UCITS and QIAIFs.
- Advising asset managers in relation to their ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, responsibilities include assisting clients in the updating of fund documentation, advising clients of regulatory developments and maintaining compliance procedures for UCITS and QIAIFs.
- Liaising with colleagues in international offices to resolve a range of issues including regulatory, tax and restructuring issues.
- Discussing new funds with both start-up and experienced managers.
- Applying for the registration of UCITS and QIAIFs with foreign regulatory authorities.
- Advising clients on the application of fund regulations to their business, including, where relevant, registering firms with the Central Bank as a Registered AIFM.
- Reviewing fund documentation for institutional investors and preparing diligence reports.
- Qualified solicitor, 2 – 5 years PQE in investment funds
- Must be a team player and client and solutions orientated to support the business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – able to communicate with Senior Management a must
- Strong technical skills, together with the ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues and work well in a team.
If you are interested in this role please don’t hesitate to contact John Macklin on 01 661 0444.