Fresh Food Production Manager
About this job
Main Purpose of the job:
To ensure the Food Production area operates efficiently and effectively at all times and provide our customers with an excellent and innovative product.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a role with strong exposure to fresh food and experience managing a fresh food team.
- Experience in successfully achieving sales targets and KPI’s which have been set out by the management.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP and food safety requirements and procedures.
- Experience in ordering and managing waste within a fresh food department.
- Ability to roster and adhere to budgets.
- Have a true passion for the food industry, be creative and innovative with the fresh offering.
- The ability to inspire, lead and motivate employees through support and development
- Must be responsible, energetic, enthusiastic with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Oversee and ensure the smooth running of Food Production operations.
Responsible for the innovation of new products and the developing of the company fresh food brand.
Be approachable and a role model who leads by example and encourages teamwork, a positive attitude and atmosphere in the workplace.
Manage employees’ performance, give regular feedback, recognition and encouragement; draw up & control rosters
Assess how the work is organised and delegate accordingly.
Responsible for all KPI’s in the food production dept.
Complete costings for all produce and review of all existing lines re: cost efficiency, sales etc.
Responsible for the ordering of selected suppliers.
Liaise with Fresh Departments in all stores to ensure on time delivery.
Develop and maximize growth in sales in all the areas in the kitchen.
Handle customer queries, requests and complaints according to the store’s procedures.
Have an in-depth knowledge of appropriate legislation to perform your job competently i.e. Health & Safety Regulations, Employment Legislation.
Attend training or development programmes as well as regular management meetings and work to implement a programme of continuous improvement in line with these meeting actions as required.
Assist in the induction, training and development of staff in the Food Production area.
Ensure company rules, policies and procedures are adhered to.
Competitive salary & staff discount.
Monday to Friday working hours.
Strong training & development.
Excellent progression opportunities.