Financial Accountant – Insurance
About this job
An exciting opportunity has presented itself with our client a global insurance organisation based in Dublin City.
The company’s reputation is built on their collaborative culture, continuous professional development and excellent progression opportunities. Our client is looking for a qualified ACA/ACCA with at least 1 years PQE to join their Finance Team.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Annual preparation of statutory financial statements
- Quarterly and annual preparation of regulatory returns.
- Supporting corporate group accounting team on specific accounting areas.
- Preparation of annual tax filings including calculation of quarterly provisions.
- Ensure consistent application of financial controls across all aspects of the reporting function.
- Keep up to date with any regulatory or statutory developments and preparation of technical papers on such areas.
- Assist with preparation of board and audit committee papers on a quarterly basis.
- Facilitate statutory and regulatory audits.
- Ad hoc assistance with completion or management of projects across the global finance team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 1+ years post qualification experience.
- Previous experience of financial services with insurance industry experience a preference.
- Technically strong accountant with good understanding of relevant accounting standards and experience in the preparation and review of financial statements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong level of attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive team player with the ability to work independently, while also confident liaising with stakeholders from different departments and geographical locations to resolve issues.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for timely completion of tasks within tight deadlines.
- Flexible and capable of achieving results in a changing work environment.
- Aptitude for technology, different accounting software skills and understanding of finance related IT processes.
How to Apply:
For further information on this fantastic permanent job opportunity please apply to CV to Clíona Lyons of Lincoln Recruitment at clyons(@)lincoln.ie