About this job
Seeking a Finance Manager for a busy accounts function in Dublin West location. Reporting to the holding company in the UK you will support the MD in Dublin. Managing a small team duty will include:
- To provide accurate and current financial / legal information and support for the Irish Operation and partners.
- Improve the performance of month end, according to the closing schedule.
- Proactive in accurate and timely delivery from the departments to reduce numbers of errors and process time.
- Aware of any non-standard tasks in the month end process for the following processes, Cash Management, Inter-company, Revenue Accounting & General Ledger. To be pro active in reducing the amount of non standard tasks for the departments.
- Drives efficiencies in process and systems by leading month end reviews with actions for improvement.
- Responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate financial processing, month end close,
- Department management reports and Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for providing commentary and opinion for the management team.
- Ensure that all corporate changes are incorporated into the accounting process according to guidelines set.
- Provide input to the design of policies and processes and to the agreed business objectives for the company.
- Manage a team of up to 5 people in the accounts department.
- Responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, Departmental/Division Management (review) reports.
- Preparation of annual budgets.
- Investigate and analyse any variances in financial figures.
- Preparation of presentations related to financial reporting.
- Analysis of the internal & international clearing.
- Assist head of departments on specific queries on Profit & Loss/Company Performance.
- Control the cash flow, inclusive of subcontractor payment review.
- Assist the company in adhering to social and legal obligations.
- Manage all the day-to-day dealings with creditors, debtors and banks.
- Liaising with other departments with regard to financial information.
- Provide and complete all necessary information for year-end statutory audit.
- Completion of ad hoc projects as required by directors.
- Company Property Contracts and management.
- Company Fleet Management.
- Company Insurance co-ordination.
- Company Secretary Legal Documents – Liaison with Legal Department.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years accounts experience
- Have at least 2 years mgt accountant experience
- Experience in implementing new procedures and re-engineering processes
- Knowledge of SAGE Line 200 or similar accounting package
- Knowledge of MS Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to own responsibilities and processes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to contribute to a shared goal together with others
- Ability to deliver agreed goals and results within the agreed timelines
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
Vhi Healthcare package
Health and Wellbeing programme
Training and development on ongoing basis
Cycle to work scheme
Gym contribution fee
Tax Saver Public Transport ticket