Director of Nursing
About this job
- Effectively manage the Residential care centre on a day to day basis and provide leadership for staff and residents.
- Have a full and thorough knowledge of the residents’ clinical, medical and social needs and ensure that the nursing care provided is of the highest standard and supports best practice at all times.
- Have a thorough knowledge of staff members and their skills and attributes.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory regulations and standards applicable to the Residential care centre.
- Communicate openly and clearly with the Provider, staff and colleagues in other Homes to ensure that the Home operates efficiently and effectively and that the correct resources are provided at all times.
- Maximise bed occupancy through the effective management of resources.
It is essential that you have:
- Be a Registered General Nurse.
- Have not less than 3 years’ experience of nursing older persons within the previous 6 years.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a senior level in a comparable organisation.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulatory inspection activity as they pertain to residential care centres.
- Hold a third level qualification in management or the management of a residential care centre.
- Have the ability to manage one’s own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice.
- Demonstrate an ability to embrace change and be committed to continuous improvement and learning throughout the residential care home.
- Have the skill to influence others, build constructive relationships and achieve outcomes.
- Promote an ethos and culture of quality assurance within the clinical area, identifying and establishing benchmarks and KPIs in consultation with the Director of Care, Quality and Standards.
- Be available to work flexible hours when required.
- Excellent salary and benefits package, depending on experience
- Training and development opportunities.
For further information in relation to this position including a detailed job specification please contact Rebecca Pontes on 01 963 7070.