About this job
The Irish entity of a large international Insurance group are recruiting for a Compliance Officer for their Dublin office. Reporting to the Chief RIsk Officer, the Compliance Officer will carry out all the duties associated with the CBI requirements.
Key Responsibilities of the Compliance Officer:
- Ensure compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements and relevant guidance applicable to the business model
- Ensure that robust compliance systems (including exception reporting) are in place, fully operational and understood by all relevant staff
- Report regularly to management on general compliance issues, trends and challenges and put forward recommendations for any changes required to current procedures / systems
- Define and develop the Annual Compliance Plan in line with best practice and regulatory requirements
- Quarterly Compliance Reports
- Review company policies to ensure they are compliant with local legislation, where necessary prepare or suggest amendments
- Monitor compliance including the meeting of all regulatory deadlines
- Act as the focal point for correspondence on regulatory matters working under the direction of the CRO
The Compliance Officer will have experience overseeing a Compliance Framework in a financial services environment. The Compliance Officer will also have a minimum of 5 years Compliance experience and an understanding of CBI requirements as they relate to an Insurance undertaking.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don’t hesitate to contact Donal Whelan. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.