About this job
The Compliance Officer is a senior role within the second line of defence reporting to the Head of Compliance and Risk, providing support, guidance and regulatory advisory services to all areas of the business. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for advising the business on regulatory matters, managing upstream regulation and engaging with communications with the Central Bank of Ireland.
Key Responsibilities of the Compliance Officer:
- Provide compliance advisory services to the business, specifically but not limited to AML, MiFID II, DP, MAD, & CRD
- Own the upstream regulatory change process including developing an implementation plan and reporting on updates to senior management
- Act as a point of contact for the Central Bank of Ireland’s various supervision teams
- Represent the compliance and risk function at various management fora to ensure that business functions are kept up to speed with regulatory change
- Development of the compliance agenda to promote a compliant culture within the business and to provide assurance to all stakeholders, including Senior Management and the Board of Directors, that the business is adequately meeting its compliance obligations
- Input to the preparation and drafting of the quarterly report for the Head of Compliance and Risk in advance of the submission to the Compliance and Risk Forum
The Compliance Officer wil have strong interperatonal and stakeholder management skills. A proven track record as part of an engagement team in managing regulatory relationships is also highly advantageous.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don’t hesitate to contact Donal Whelan. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.