Commercial Finance Business Partner
About this job
Commercial Finance Business Partner required to join our client, an FMCG company, in South Dublin.
Working closely and collating with commercial teams your role will be to provide financial and analytical leadership to help them build and deliver the annual operating plan and lead the rolling forecast form a net revenue perspective.
Additionally, you will:
- Business partner with the commercial team to ensure the compliance of period revenue performance, including net revenue realisation analysis, customer & category performance and lessons for future activity
- Lead the Net Revenue P&L build for the rolling forecast and annual operating plan (Volume down to Marginal Contribution) and Collaboratively work with the Commercial Team to translate revenue strategies into Channel/Customer plans that incorporate impact of all elements of Net Revenue Management
- Business Partner with the Commercial team to ensure explanation of period revenue performance, including Net Revenue Realisation analysis, Customer & Category performance, and lessons for future activity;
- Lead the business forecasting cycle, including leading the top line consolidation, providing data and analytics to highlight future performance concerns and opportunities vs Net Revenue Plan;
- Oversight of promotional forecast to ensure all promotional plans are captured correctly in Cognos TM1 system, incremental volume, funding, redemption levels, profit and ROI.
- Lead the sign-off process for new annual trading terms contracts, ensuring fully aligned with Customer Joint Business Plans (JBP’s);
- Coordinate the reporting, control and data management of Trading Terms/Promotional spend – to include responsibility for accurate booking of trading terms cost and liability at period & year end, and correct classification of costs in the P&L.
- Ownership of the Cognos system / master data providing analytical tools and standardised reporting suite that support promotional performance diagnosis and planning
- Manage the robust administration and accounting of sales investments (especially promotions), including promotion setup, invoice validation and deduction management.
- Ensure full governance is in place around period close process and balance sheet reconciliation to provide transparency and understanding around accruals held and bad debt position across accounts.
- Qualified Accountant CIMA, ACA, ACCA or other recognised body;
- Experience of working in an FMCG or Multinational organisation
- Experience working closely with commercial teams would be highly desirable
- Advanced Excel skills
- Financial planning and forecasting skills
- Strong experience of performance analysis and advising on productivity improvement
- Good knowledge of financial systems
- Assertive and independent with the ability to cope effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Quickly analyses complex problems to find actionable, pragmatic solutions
- Consistently works against the right priorities
- Confronts and works to resolve tough issues
- Demonstrates a sense of passion, enjoyment and pride about their work
Competitive remuneration package