Commercial Broker & Underwriter
About this job
About The Job
My client is a large Irish-owned broker based in Dublin with a large and motivated workforce.
Our client is looking for two Broker/Underwriters with strong commercial awareness, negotiation skills and an ability to build strong Broker relationships. Candidates must respond to Broker demands in a timely manner keeping them informed and building relationships with Brokers to help win and retain business. Candidate must also be CIP qualified.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Process Policies, Schedules and Endorsements on both Underwriting and Broker Systems and issuing all relevant documentation;
- Liaising with Your Team/Brokers/Underwriters on a day to day basis on all scheme related issues and developing relationships with them;
- Negotiating with Brokers at Renewal stage;
- Respond to allocated mail and queries from brokers on a daily basis;
- Deal with brokers in a professional and friendly manner;
- Ensure all messages are recorded and communicated in a clear and timely manner;
- Assuming responsibility for project assignments as directed the Team Leader/ Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and prior experience:
- CIP qualification or working towards same;
- Solid Personal Lines Commercial Lines experience;
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suites;
- Be proactive, flexible and demonstrate a keen willingness to assist fellow colleagues;
- Must also demonstrate good interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines, pay attention to detail and thrive in an environment that is always changing.
To register interest in this position, please apply directly via this advertisement with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Any additional correspondence should be directed to Paul Maher at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists via email or LinkedIn. This requirement is live as of August 2021.