Commercial Broker – New Business / Special Clients
About this job
My client is an international insurance broker. I am now recruiting for a Senior Commercial Broker with an emphasis on New Business Development and client acquisition for a position based in their offices in Dublin 18.
In this role, you will be responsible for the acquisition of new clients and the overall growth of the business across a number of alternative commercial lines as part of the company’s busy Enterprise team. Typical client profiles may fall within the educational and religious industries, as well as high-volume and low-value individual client pieces.
To fulfill this role, you will be responsible for the following core activities:
New Client Acquisition
- Understand potential client business issues, needs and expectations and identify an appropriate risk profile to deliver effective insurance solutions.
- Working with the Enterprise team, develop and deliver a new business acquisition strategy.
- Seek and build strong relationships with new clients
- Identify the client’s risk management, risk financing and insurance needs and objectives
- Ensure that policy wordings are designed and appropriate to meet the client risks.
- Act as a referral point for the resolution of complex client queries
- Where required, host client and insurer meetings in conjunction with specialist broker
- Overall responsibility for the co-ordination of placement for each client
- Follow best in class client engagement practices in recording evidence of the client journey in line with agreed client engagement service levels.
- Ensure operational and compliance procedures are followed
- Produce new business reports for specific clients if required
- Meet personal annual targets in line with growth strategy
- Contribute to the success of the Enterprise team in terms or growth, retention and client service.
- Negotiates fee with the client where required
The successful candidate will bring to the table the following skills and experience:
- 3 years + experience within a similar role (Commercial/ Corporate Broking / Development Underwriting
- Technical insurance competency as reflected in qualification (must be a fully qualified CIP – working towards ACII)
- Excellent track record of New Business Development and relevant market knowledge
To register interest for this position, please apply directly to this advertisement with an up-to-date CV. For further information or for a confidential conversation on the Insurance market at present, please feel free to contact Katie Mitchell at kmitchell(at)lincoln.ie